Thursday, October 30, 2014

Singapore ✈ Bangkok ✈ Kandy + Kithugala, Sri Lanka (Day 10)

This is a continuation of:

We drove over to Kandy after checking out of Centara resorts at Pasikudah. 


A beautiful sunset.

Stopped at a roadside stall and bought some corn! Yums.







Had a Sri Lankan dinner when we reached our stay for the night.

Played with some fireworks! It was scary yet fun at the same time. My first time!



The next morning, we head over to Sri Dalada Maligawa, the famous Temple of the Tooth. We were told to bring a white top to enter the temple.







The men and the women had different entrance to the temple. Tourists have to pay a fee of 1000Rs to enter.That is equivalent to SGD10. A rather hefty fee to enter a temple. 

I don't feel comfortable taking photos of the statues and hence, no photos. It was very crowded and we had to queue to get into the main hall. We explored the grounds and learnt a bit about its history before we left Kandy.

We head over to Kithugala for white-water rafting! It was at Kelani River and also the shooting location for Bridge of River Kwai. We paid 1000Rs for this wonderful experience (Upekha and her family managed to get some discount for us). This is 1000Rs well-spent (better than the temple and Pinnawala Elephant Orphange)








I capsized and the water was rushing and I can only stay calm and hold on to my life-jacket. They managed to pulled me up and I heard uncle was so anxious he even wanted to jump into the river for me! I was the only one who fell off the raft. Quite cool actually. I gained the whole experience! When we finished all 4 major rapids/drops, we were lined up and had a raft race for a good 100m? Then our guides told us to jump into the river and swim to the end point. It was really fun, just floating about, taking photos in the 30ft deep river. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment